0 items in Cart
2021 1.5 oz Australian Silver Platypus Coin
|Payment Method||Qty 1+|
As low as $15.01 per oz above spot
Lost Dutchman Rare Coins buy price $25.09
The platypus is one of the most unique animal species from a continent on planet Earth that is already known for its one-of-a-kind diversity. A semiaquatic, egg-laying mammal, the platypus is the last living member of its family and genus, with all other related species extinct. The platypus has been a popular figure on Perth Mint coinage since its introduction on platinum coins.
- Available to you in protective plastic flips, acrylic tubes of 15 coins
- Stunning silver version of the Australian Platypus!
- Unlimited mintage in 2021!
- Contains 1.5 Troy oz of .9999 pure silver in BU condition.
- The face value of $2 (AUD) is fully backed by the Australian government.
- On the obverse is Queen Elizabeth II.
- The reverse features a swimming platypus.
- Artwork by Jennifer McKenna.
The platypus is one of the most recognizable creatures from the Australian continent and an iconic symbol of the nation. The platypus is also important within the history of the Aboriginal Australians as it was once a primary food source for tribes, though the animal is now a protected species that is considered near-threatened.
You must be authenticated to write reviews. Click here to login.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first to write one!